Parking and traffic changes planned for Friday’s Men’s Hockey Game and Homecoming Parade
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pennsylvania – With Penn State’s annual Homecoming Parade beginning Friday, Oct. 22 at 6 p.m., several traffic and parking restrictions will be in place for Friday’s men’s hockey game against Niagara. Fans are encouraged to arrive early and should note any changes that will facilitate traffic and parking.
To accommodate the homecoming parade route, the following campus routes will be affected:
- Porter Road between Curtin Road and the southernmost entrance to the Jordan East parking area from 4:30 p.m. until parade units have left the area (expected around 6:00 p.m.).
- Curtin Road between University Drive and Porter Road from 4:30 p.m. until the end of the parade.
- Curtin Road between University Drive and Bigler Road from 5:30 p.m. until the end of the parade.
- Bigler Road between Curtin Road and Pollock Road from 5.30pm until the end of the parade.
- Pollock Road between Bigler Road and Shortlidge Road from 5.30pm until the end of the parade.
- Shortlidge Road between Pollock Road and College Avenue from 5:30 p.m. until the end of the parade.
- College Avenue between Shortlidge Road and Burrowes Road from 5.30pm until the end of the parade.
- Burrowes Road between College Avenue and Curtin Road from 5.30pm until the end of the parade.
Visit www.transportation.psu.edu for more details on the traffic, parking, and transit impacts of the Homecoming Parade.
The parade route will be closed to vehicular traffic from 5:30 p.m. until the end of the parade. Parking along the route will be limited. Motorists should remove vehicles parked on College Avenue before the parade begins.
Men’s Hockey Parking
Parking for men’s hockey will be at Stadium West, Jordan East and Porter North fields with prepaid parking available for $5.50 via psu.parkmobile.io until 11:59 p.m. Thursday, or cash parking for 10 $.
The Yellow H Shields and Wagner fields will be reserved for men’s hockey premium permit holders, who will have access to their fields from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. After 5:30 p.m., premium permits will be accepted in the general parking lots. Jordan East and Stadium West.
To accommodate the first spectators, the gates for Friday’s game will open early at 5 p.m.
Pedestrian Safety Reminders
All fans exiting our parking areas are reminded to use designated sidewalks and crosswalks at intersections around Pegula Ice Arena. Please avoid crossing in the middle of the block due to high traffic volume expected during evening hours with less visibility.
ADA parking for Friday’s men’s hockey game will be available at the southwest corner of West Stadium, near the intersection of University Drive and Curtin Road. This car park is only accessible via Park Avenue. A valid state-issued license plate or ADA license plate is required, along with a valid Pennsylvania state license, prepayment through ParkMobile, or pay-at-entry.
Fans can use the circle at Lot Yellow H South near Gate C to drop off and pick up. Please note, however, that no public parking is available at Lot Yellow H South.